Unlox (formerly MacID) 2.0.1 is now available. This is mostly just a bug fix update with focus on fixing a few issues that didn’t show up during beta testing or that I didn’t have enough info to fix until after 2.0 was available.
Thanks to everyone who submitted feedback and took the time to forward logs on, it’s super helpful in getting bugs fixed quickly.
Here’s what’s changed in 2.0.1:
iOS & watchOS
- Re-added the background app refresh option as requested by some users.
- Made it clearer which notification actions will launch the iOS/watchOS apps if your iOS device is not locked when Unlox sends a notification.
- Removed duplicated text in notifications, which is unnecessary and annoying for people who use VoiceOver.
- Made notification text shorter so that on Apple Watch you don’t have to scroll to get to the action button.
- Fixes an issue where Unlox would enter the incorrect password if you have multiple keyboard language inputs enabled. (This is the main reason for the 2.0.1 release)
- Makes it clearer that you have to click your iOS device when it appears in the setup window.
- Adds a progress indicator while setting up rather than an indefinite spinner.
- Checks for updates on launch if you have automatic update checking enabled.
- Fixes an issue where Unlox wouldn’t let you set up a second time. (This was especially bad for people who were part of the beta but moved over to the release version)
- Fixes an issue where autolock would tell you it’s disabled because you’re not on battery, even if you have autolock turned completely off.
- Re-adds the following URL schemes: